My goal is to help nonprofits tell better stories, create art and change people. In other words, I want to help nonprofits be more remarkable in a world that needs them. Follow me here: https://twitter.com/npmarc
- The 3 Ways to Win Mobile Marketing for Nonprofits in 2013
- 4 Decision-Making Errors That Cripple Nonprofit Boards
- What Every Founder Needs to Know Before Starting a Nonprofit
3 Examples of Nonprofit Content People Share Happily
May 5th, 2013:: Nonprofit Marketing Plan
- Know Your Audience for Great Fundraising Communications
- Should You Stop Mixing Major Donor Fundraising with Regular Solicitations?
- See How Much Nonprofit Email Marketing Grew in 2012 [INFOGRAPHIC]
Time to Embrace the Hubris of Caring
April 24th, 2013:: Nonprofit Branding
- A Conversation With Your Future Major Donor
- The Not-So-Secret of Engaging Millennial Donors
No Events Available
- The 3 Secrets to Building Donor LoyaltyJay, thanks for your comment! Would you mind clarifying which of this post's points your comment is meant to respond to? It's not clear to me where you're saying we disagree. For example, the last sentence of the article states that donor loyalty is about treating your donors like heroes. Not sure how that sentiment implies that we should "blame donors for their behavior." Thanks for being a reader!
- Nonprofit Twitter Tips #1: The Law of Reciprocation [VIDEO]Denny - we'll send you an email to see what you're looking for or if we can refer you to someone who can help!
- 2 Keys for Doubling Donor Giving: Exclusive Nonprofit Hub WebinarRuth, that's ok! Just send us an email at email@example.com and we'll make sure you get a recording and a copy of the slides. We care for our own. =) To make things easy for us, please put something like "Nonprofit Hub Webinar Recording Request" in the Subject line.
- Dear Nonprofit Organizations, You are in SalesSobering, indeed, Chris. Indiegogo, Kickstarter etc. are just another sales strategy, at their heart. Pink spends a lot of time talking about the new 21st century ways to "pitch" audiences, including via Twitter and email subject lines–I think the "Kickstarter" pitch would be a salient addition. I'd also be very interested to see any kind of study on what kind of donors Indiegogo attracts. I wonder if the majority are single-time donors or if they use crowdfunding with consistency to support a genre of projects. Thanks for your comment Chris!
- Dear Nonprofit Organizations, You are in SalesDan, I'd read that post. If you haven't already gotten to pick up Pink's book yet, you should - I'd be interested to see what points stood out to you most. Thanks for the comment!
- 5 Ways to Keep Your Donors From Leaving YouOf course, Farra. Always happy to spread useful information. Thanks for your work at Big Duck!
- How to Love Your Nonprofit CareerThe feeling's mutual, Leah. It's a curse. Thanks for being a reader!
- 7 Steps to Starting a Nonprofit [VIDEO]Thanks for the useful resource, Anthony. Having a variety of dynamic content is wonderful for SEO–but also, and more importantly, simply for engaging with your constituents in an interesting, accesible way. Definitely. Of course, for those JUST starting a nonprofit, you'll have to ignore the desire to be decked out with videos, social media, etc. and just focus on the ESSENTIALS. Get your first 3 donors. Get a great website before worrying about filling it with pretty content. Start bringing in revenue before investing in anything you don't absolutely need to get your operation off the ground. Videos are great, but won't be worth as much if you don't have a functioning marketing/fundraising plan to back them up. Thanks again for commenting, Anthony!
- 8 Tips on Building a Successful NonprofitHey Floryne, Check out the articles in our Starting a Nonprofit category here on Nonprofit Hub.org. Here's one of our more popular articles on starting a nonprofit organization, if you're looking for financial insight. Thanks for your comment - let me know if we can give you any more directed advice!
- The Donor Who Gives a Little Every DayThanks for the clarification, Alissa. We've updated the post accordingly.